Pages

Sunday, October 07, 2012

Ding 90!

As of last night, around 3 am, I finally have a max level character. And it's my shaman. Not my mage. And it makes me a little sad. 

I'm super excited to finally be able to join the max level club, to FLY in Pandaria, (damn I never thought I'd miss it this much) and to get started on all the dailies. By the way, what the fuck was Blizz thinking? Sure, there's no cap for dailies now, but we still can only hold 25 quests at a time. With all the "Get Revered with X faction" my frickin' log is always full. Plus, I wanted to keep my breadcrumb quests from all the zones I abandoned halfway through, but no can do. No room for that with a gazillion dailies to do. Hot damn. My head was spinning at the amount of stuff I needed to start working on once I hit 90. I bought my flying licence or whatever, and just FLEW all the things. It felt so damn good. Fuck flight masters, I fly on my own, now. 

But as I tried to figure out what to do next, it hit me. My mage was always my first max level toon. And now it's not. And the reason for that is that my bf Mad wanted to play his warlock, and it didn't make sense to both be playing clothies. Mad loves gear. Like, really. So there was no chance in hell I'd ever be able to ever get my hands on any cloth gear. (It's his only flaw, I swear) He also insisted on me playing a class which could either tank or heal, so we could queue for dungeons faster. I picked my shaman because it was the only class with which I felt like healing, and because Mad had agreed to pay for a race change for her.

The Shaman; Before and After


The panda ladies are too damn adorable, especially when they laugh. I couldn't resist making one and don't regret it one bit. And the truth is, I don't really even feel like playing my mage right now. She's sitting at level 87, and she will stay there for a little while longer. The next character I take to 90 will most likely be my hunter. Then we'll see. I have a rogue in the early seventies who I'm itching to work on. But that will have to wait after I get some dailies done!

So in the end, I'm happy I started with the shaman. It was pretty fun to be honest. I quested as elemental and queue'd for dungeons as heals, and the levels just kept coming. When we could play, because RL is a bitch and we hardly ever could find the time to actually sit down and play together, until this weekend.

But now I really want to figure out which rep I need on which characters, gear and profession wise. I know I won't be raiding anytime soon, so gear isn't a priority. For now, I focus primarily on the Cloud Serpent and the Tillers, but as I get more characters to 90, I'll need to prioritize and plan accordingly.

I never thought I could ever have "too much" to do in WoW. Isn't it awesome?

6 comments:

  1. Grats Lyrestra on Ding! Oh, and I totally know what you mean about too much to do in WoW.... the mind boggles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      It's gonna take me a while to figure it all out. But I can't complain. I prefer having too much to do than not enough!

      Delete
  2. Grats on 90! I'm not in a hurry except for the flying, I can't get used to not being able to turn into a bird and take off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      I really missed flying. I wish we could buy it for alts too, now that one of my character is 90, just like in Wrath, but no such luck. Maybe in the next patch. *fingers crossed*

      Delete
  3. Dang, every time I try to comment from my phone, the security captcha fails horribly, and I can never get through. :( Congrats on 90, and your panda is lovely, but there is something about that troll that is abosuletely enchanting. I will be interested to know if you ever miss her...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far, I do not miss my lady troll at all, simply because my panda is too damn adorable. If I had lots and lots of money, I'd totally race change all my characters to pandas. Granted, I'd probably regret it in the morning.

      Delete