Pages

Friday, December 21, 2012

Quick Post: Farmer Lyr

5.1 only just went live and already, 5.2 is coming on the PTR in early january. Holy shit, are they on speed or something? Not that I'm complaining or anything. New content is always nice. Weirdly enough though, all I really care about is this:  

  • Players that have grown attached to working the land at Sunsong Ranch can now purchase the land from Farmer Yoon. Once the farm is owned by a player, it becomes a rest point like an Inn, where the player can bind and instantly log out. Work orders will pour in to the farm from factions across Pandaria, and completing a work orders will earn a reputation boost with the issuing faction.
  • Sunsong Ranch
    • Seed bags have been added, that allow planting of crops 4 plots at a time.
    • Yoon's Mailbox has been renamed to Sunsong Ranch Mailbox.
    • The yield from special crops has been improved to make farming them competitive with gathering these items out in the world.
    • Running the Master Plow across underground Virmen will cause them to pop out of the ground at 30% health and stunned.
    • Wild Crops will now occur less often.

I suspect it'll cost a shitload to buy the farm, but that's fine. What is gold good for if not to spend it on fun (and relatively useless) stuff like this? To me, it's totally worth it. I log on everyday to fix my five max level character's farms, and some days, that's the only thing I do in game. Enigma and Snakeroot seeds have become my primary source of herbs and ores, so the buff to the yield from special crops really is making me happy. Also, less Wild Crops? Thank you sweet baby Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment