Pages

Thursday, December 27, 2012

You had me at "zug-zug"

Mad and Lyr, ready to kick some ass.
During the holidays, the BF and I enjoy creating new alts and playing them casually. This year, we picked a prot warrior and a resto shaman. Mad wanted to make an Orc warrior, like the one he used to play back in BC. So I decided to create an orc as well, something I've never done before. I must admit I'm starting to grow pretty fond of her. I already have two shamans, but I never get tired of leveling new ones. It's my favourite class to level, and I lost count of all the shamans I rolled throughout my WoW career. This is my first orc one, though.

Since I have no room left on our main server for new characters, I had to create her over on Rexxar, since all my heirlooms are there. (This might be the only useful thing about CRZ's, being able to quest with people from different servers.) Apparently though, when I shipped my heirlooms over, I didn't think I'd roll a resto shamy, because the mail caster items are the only ones I didn't send. Which is why my poor orc lady has to wear leather heirlooms. Oh, the shame.


Please disregard the leather heirloom pants.
After three days of playing on and off, our little duo is now level 43. Mad likes to tank by aggroing huge groups of mobs and keep running to get more like his life depended on it. Fortunately, I'm the one healing him, and most of the times, all I have to do is keep Earth Shield up on him and throw a couple Riptides from time to time. It makes for pretty smooth, quick dungeon runs, and lots of fast xp. It's been a lot of fun, but playing with my boyfriend always is!

Mad and Lyr morphed into gnomes,
being naughty by the Christmas tree.

2 comments:

  1. I always wore the caster leather heirlooms on my shaman because I got them when making a resto druid and was too cheap to get another set to do the same thing. XD Also armor class bonuses didn't exist back then so there was even less reason to care. But I guess now that might help a little bit. Glad you're having fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eh, it's not really a big deal, I don't really care about the armor class bonus for a low level alt. I just think it's funny seeing an orc in leather heirlooms.

      Hi my name is Lyr and I'm easily amused. ;)

      Delete