Pages

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Two months of torture

So we're getting MoP in exactly two months. Since it's coming in the middle of the Brewfest, I'm guessing the holiday boss will not be dropping the new gear. Which sucks really, but hey, there's always next years. Unless of course Blizz postpones Brewfest to a later date, which I don't think they will do. I've been disappointed in the past to see holiday boss still drop level 80 shit when the cap was 85. Can't remember which one it was, though. But, we might get lucky with Hallow's End, which comes a little more than three weeks after launch. Who knows? Brewfest and Hallow's end are my favourite in-game holidays, so I'm excited for it, no matter what kind of gear their holiday boss drop.

I'm done with most of my bucket list, except for Loremaster stuff which I kinda knew I wouldn't even touch. It was more of a "I hope I can get motivated enough to actually do it if I put it on my bucket list" kinda thing. Like I thought that I'd go "I said I'd do it, so I have no choice!" But no. I'm more lazy than proud, apparently. So there, I didn't do "everything" from my original bucket list, and I'm fine with it. The bucket list in itself has changed quite a lot over the weeks, but I think I'll make a post just for that in the upcoming weeks.

Now's the time to finish the couple things I have left, like level archaeology on the druid, level fishing on the warrior that just now came out of retiring, and maybe get some more gear for the freshly 85 lock. I will also be farming a bit or even run a couple dailies to make some extra cash. I'm quite happy with the gold I have now, but a little more can't hurt. I'm sure Mad will be asking for gold once he sees something he can't afford. XD

So now that we have a date, I can make plans. I can have Mad take a day (or two) off at work so we can play as much as we want when the game is released. Superfluous stuff like eating and sleeping will have to be taken care of in between leveling sessions, and I want to try and figure out how to do that in a "healthy" way while keeping the game time to a maximum.

When WotLK was released, we woke up early and went to the store to get the game. Then we installed it. Then we played for an hour or two before we had to leave. Me for shcool, Mad for work. It sucked. I thought about the game all day. (I have no idea how I passed my exams that semester.) When Cata launched, we had bought the digital copy a couple days before and I think we had downloaded some of it already. (Maybe?) Mad went to bed at like 7 the night before, so he could wake up at launch time (3 a.m. for us) and play until it was time for work. Lucky for us, there was a huuuuge snowstorm that night. So in the morning, it was like "Boss, I can't come in, I'm snowed in!" Which totally worked. We played for a couple more hours, then took a nap, ordered some take-out when we woke up and played, played, played. It was fun, but it was also very lucky.

This time around, I want to make sure everything goes smoothly. We will most likely buy the digital copy before the launch day, and download as much of it as we possibly can. (If such a thing is possible. I can't remember.) I think we will also try and get to bed early and wake up at launch time, so that we can get started right away. When we get tired, we can take a nap, but I'm pretty sure we can get at least a level or two before such a thing happens. As for the food, there will most likely be ordering some chicken or something, as we probably won't feel like cooking a meal when we can be leveling! Maybe we can stop long enough to put a pizza in the oven, but not much more than that.

I also have to figure out in which order I want to level my characters. It depends on a couple things. Whether or not we get a way to make our alts fly right away in Pandaria or not (kinda like the book we could buy in WotLK.), and which professions I want to work on first. I know I've already said in a previous post that I'd level them in this order, but I didn't really think it through. It's more or less the order in which I prefer my characters rather than an actual optimized plan. But whatever plans I make - about anything - will probably change. I might decide to level my paladin to farm ores, and then I'll feel like playing my warrior instead and I'll just play it, ruining the plan. But making plans is fun, and it's the only thing I have left to do while waiting.

Oh, now I'm all excited. And I gotta wait two months. This is torture.

2 comments:

  1. Lyrestra, a few comments, if you'll allow it.

    1) Loremaster is tough, but it's more a "mental" tough, than an actual gaming challenge. I liken it to the Science section of the ACT, which is the last section of the test - you're tired, you want to be done, you can see the light at the end of the tunnel, but it's still "way over there". So, I offer some encouragement: Finishing EK, Kal, and Outland was easy. Because I wanted to grind rep I finished all the zones of Cata except Vash, so I went and finished that zone, leaving only Northrend. It took a while but seeing 119/120 Quests Completed in Icecrown, seeing that quest giver, finding the "boss" I had to kill, getting that kill, flying back to the quest giver, landing (yeah, I even remember that!!!), right-clicking on him and turning in that final quest, seeing all those different achievements, putting on that title... IT WAS ALL WORTH IT. So, I'll just say you should continue to work on it, but if you choose not to do so, that's fine, it's a grind.

    2) Your MoP release plan (taking a day off): I've already cleared to take the ENTIRE WEEK OFF! My "pipe dream" goal is server first 90. Doubt it will happen, but I want to be finished as quickly as possible. I want to finish two or three different toons that week, some chosen for their role (I want a tank!!!), some for professions, etc. BTW - if you find a way to rush to 90 and do that in a "won't kill you in 30 seconds" way, please put up a new post, I'd love to read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First, grats on Loremaster. you are stronger than me. The thing is: I'm totally lazy. I might do it some day. Just not soon. Probably.

      Second: Omg, a whole week off would be amazing. But no can do. XD Good luck on server first. I would never try for it, as I like to sleep way too much. But I admire people so dedicated and focused. I *will* get most of my characters to 90. (At least like nine or ten of them) but I'm in no rush. I don't want to be burned out on the first week. My boyfriend and I like to get at least one character at max level as fast as possible, so we can start gearing up and try the new instances. But my boyfriend gets really competitive. So we try to keep it casual so there is no doubt in his mind that we're not aiming for server first. Because then we don't get to see the content, we just rush through it, and that's no fun.

      Wow, that was almost a post in itself. Thanks for commenting! <3

      Delete